Skip to main content

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 16

*DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATIONS THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
*HERE THIS WEEK CHAPTER! ENJOY!
*THIS SERIES LOOKS FUN SO I DECIDED TO TRANSLATE IT. THE AUTHOR USE A LOT OF HARD JAPANESE AND KANJI, SO PREPARE FOR A BRAIN SEIZURE.


Otherworldly Memorial 【Chapter 16】


I am at a local radio station.
Drinking water in a soundproof room for radio recording, commonly known as a goldfish bowl.
The live broadcast will start soon.
There is a microphone in front of me, and Jaana-san is sitting across from me.
I'm so nervous.

Pi Pi Pi  Poon♪

After the time signal, a light jingle was played.

「We have started, Jaana Rizumu's Rhythm Tengoku!~ As usual, I'd like to talk about the news of this city in an interesting way♪」

Amazing!
Seriously, she have a radio personality, this person.
She looks like a professional.

「Let's start with the news. The day before yesterday, a nuponf escaped from the zoo. It is a large animal, 8 meters long, and there was a fear that it would attack and eat people, but Torano Maki-san, the only daughter of Torano Dojo, captured it with her own hands!」

Something outrageous was happening!
I only knew it as a food ingredient, but nuponf eats people!?
How strong is Maki-chan that she can defeat such a monster with her own hands?

「I'm glad everything is fine~」

Jaana-san gave me a signal with her eyes.
It's my cue to get ready, but the wink is too cute.

「Well, we have a wonderful guest here today~! This is Lotto-san, who goes to the same high school as me」
「Hello, I'm Lotto.」

Things are going according to plan.
But still I'm so nervous~

「Lotto-san is famous at school for creating unorthodox dishes. I'm going to ask you about that too okay~?」

In the pre-meeting, I was only told that I should be answer questions in a straightforward manner.
I've been strongly advised to respond immediately without thinking, because silence is the worst thing that can happen to radio.
I'm not sure what she'll ask me......
It's a little scary because it's a live broadcast.

「Can I start by asking you how you got started in cooking?」
「Well, it's because my sister recommended it to me.」
「Your sister. I see. Why did you join the cooking club?」
「Well, it's because my sister recommended it to me」
「Fun Fun. That's also your sister.」
「......Yes.」
「When I first visited Lotto's house, you were proud of your sister's picture, weren't you? This doesn't look like her at all, does it? What do you think about that?」
(T/N: I didn't get it here. Raw: 私が初めてロトさんのお宅に伺ったときも、妹さんの写真を自慢していましたよね? これが全く似てないんですよね。どう思っているのでしょうか?)
「Well, there's no way my little sister is this cute. I think.」
「I see. We'll have commercial break.」

A commercial for a local driving school began to play.
I feel like she' s taking me to my sister's story.
I'll protest to Jaana-san.

「Um, it feels kind of artificial, doesn't it?」
「Is that so? I was only talking about the food, wasn't I?」

Gununu.
The flow of the story was certainly natural, but.......

「You say you're talking about the unorthodox food, but aren't you talking about my sister?」
(T/N: Also don't fully understood this. Raw: 奇抜な料理のことをグイグイ聞くと言いながら、妹のことをグイグイ聞いてません?)
「Okay, okay. I'll change the topic.」
「......I understood.」

A jingle with an up-tempo rhythm plays.

「Well, today we have Lotto-san as our guest!」
「Thank you for your continued support.」
「Speaking of Lotto-san, your are also famous for working at the cross-dressing maid cafe "Maid Guy on the Street". Why did you decide to work there?」
(T/N: Raw: 路面のメイドガイ)
「Eh, my sister gave me a list of potential places to work.」
「Did your sister suggest that you try working at a cross-dressing maid cafe?」
「Well, that's right.」
「You had never dressed up as a woman before, but one word from your sister made you do it!」
「Right.」
「You really trust your sister」
「I know I can count on her more than anything in this world.」
「I see. We'll have commercial break.」

I glare at Jaana-san just as a commercial for a tutoring school starts.

「Ja~a~na~san~?」
「No, that wasn't my fault either, was it? I'm rather slightly taken back by you.」
「It's a complete lead-in, isn't it?」
「Honestly, I don't think so......」
「I'm going to ask you to clear that up for me.」
「So let's show them that you're a normal family.」
「Okay, so.」

A mixer operates a machine outside the goldfish bowl.
A transposed version of the previous jingle was played.
I exhaled deeply, trying not to feel rushed.

「Next, let's take a closer look at the personal life of today's guest, Lotto-san.」
「Please ask me anything.」
「Actually, at the beginning of the year, me and Lotto-san met by chance on our first visit to the shrine.」
「Yes we did.」

Good, good.
Finally, a normal exchange.

「How did you spend Christmas after you got home from school?」
「My sister and I spent some time together.」
「Oh, I knew it. Did you get a Christmas present or something?」
「Yeah. We had her cosplay as a mini skirt santa.」
「Eh? Are you saying that showing the cosplay was a gift?」
「Yes, I did. I didn't request it, did I?」
「Your sister did it because she thought it would make Lotto-san happy.」
「Yes.」
「What did you think?」
「It was super cute and super naughty. It was great.」

......Huh?
What the hell am I talking about?

「I'm glad to hear that! Now I'd like to present the fax here.」

Jaana-san receives a fax from the director.

「Radio name: Oh, brave man, it's a pity you're dead.」

......That's a nasty name.

「You're an idiot, oniichan!」

I knew it!?
Mai, you've been listening!?

「This was a letter to you. What do you think?」
「I think your brother is an idiot.」
「Yes, I think Lotto-san is an idiot too~」

I can't even hear myself talk.

「By the way, do you have any announcements to make?」

That right!
It was too much that I almost lost sight of my purpose.
That's what I'm here for.

I then gave the information about the kitten and my contact information.
The response was quite positive, and the next day I was able to make a list of potential foster parents and give it to Jitsuwa-san.

Jitsuwa-san thanked me politely.
With a smile on her face......
I didn't have the courage to ask Jitsuwa-san if she was listening to the radio.

I've achieved my goal, but again, I feel like I've lost something......


【Translator Corner!】


-He will die socially isn't he.

-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down below.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi.

《PREVIOUS》 《SERIES》 《NEXT》

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 21