Skip to main content

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 74

*DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATIONS THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
*HERE THIS WEEK CHAPTER! ENJOY!


Chapter 74


『Cecilia-san...... become a vampire......!?』

When I reported what I had heard from Rio, the female staff of the hero guild shouted in surprise over the magic calling tools.

And when I was about to give the rest of the report, the staff member interrupted me to confirm it.

『Wai... Wait a minute! Do you really mean the vampire "itself" and not the "Spawn". That can't be......』

「Yes, I thought it was impossible, too. But when I put together the information that we have...... if we believe Rio's story as it is, I think it's the most logical assumption.」

『That's what's probably happening...... If there was something that "turn" Cecilia-san a vampire, that would be......』

「Yes. The most plausible conclusion are there is a vampire who has become a Demon King...... a "Vampire Lord" has appeared in this area.」

I answered through the magic calling tool.

Vampire Lord......

As far as history can tell, it is one of two Demon Kings that have appeared in this world in the past, and it is said to have caused a level of damage that could be called a great disaster.

The vampire, which is a powerful monster from the start, has been transformed into a Demon King, so we could already guess its fighting strength.

There is a special ability that is more terrifying than that, and that is "the ability to create vampires."

When the Vampire Lord sucks all the blood out of the victim, if the target is a normal human, they will become a vampire spawns as usual, but if the target is a "hero", the victim will not turn into spawn but rather becomes a true vampire.

With this ability, when a Vampire Lord appeared, the heroes who went to exterminate it turned into vampires one after another, and there have been two cases in the past history that it developed into a catastrophe level damage.

In the first place, vampires have the ability to create spawn, and as individuals, they have a fighting strength that can only be handled by several regular heroes.

The emergence of the Vampire Lords is a major event that, if it is true, will need to be addressed on a national level.

『I'm sorry, Brett-san. Please wait a moment, I'm going to ask the guild master to take over.』

「Please.」

The female staff of the hero guild seemed to be well aware of the situation, and I could feel her panic over the phone.

And after waiting for a while, I heard a man's voice from the magic calling tool.

『I'm Cedric, the guildmaster of the Lindbergh branch of the Hero Guild.』
(T/N: Raw: セドリック)

The voice was calm, a far cry from the female staff member before.

I've dealt with the guildmaster, Cedric, a few times myself.

He is an ordinary person, not a hero, but he gave the impression of a smart elite, and I believe he was in his mid-thirties.

I had an image of him as a well-dressed, intelligent person with impressive glasses, who was rather well spoken.

「Thank you for your help. I'm Hero Brett.」

『Thank you for your help as well, Brett-san. ......I have received a report from our staff that there is a high possibility that a Vampire Lord has appeared, can you tell me more about the situation again?』

「Yes. I've heard from one of my students......」

I told Cedric all of the information I had.

It took nearly a full hour to explain the whole story.

When Cedric finished listening to all of the details, he said, 「I understand the situation. Please give me some time to think about it」, and fell silent for a while.

After several tens of seconds had passed, and I was beginning to think that it was time to say something, Cedric's words finally came out.

『We will arrange for backup here. Until it arrives, please do not move carelessly. In particular, do not go out at night. Brett-san and the others, as well as the residents of the village, should not leave their residences at night.』

It was a generally agreeable and constructive opinion.
I tell Cedric, who is on the other side of the magic calling tool, about my concerns with an affirmative reply.

「I understand. However, even if it is for support, the expected Demon King is a Vampire Lord. As I said, if they're a half-assed Demon Hunter, its going to be.......」

『Yes, I know. I'll contact all the hero guilds in the country and see if there are any particularly talented Demon King Hunters who are available. It's difficult to get permission to use the transfer magic circle due to the cost, but I'm sure the higher-ups won't say no because of the possible situation.』

「Thank you very much for your help. ......By the way, how long do you think it will take for the support to arrive here?」

『That's hard to say for sure at this stage...... It depends on whether we can quickly find a competent Demon Hunter who can move quickly, and also whether the higher-ups will not be reluctant to use the transfer magic circle. However, since it will take some time to travel from Lindbergh, where the transfer magic circle is located, to that village, the earliest I can expect to arrive there will be tomorrow morning or afternoon. I' d like to dispatch them within a couple of days at the latest...... I'm sorry, but I can't guarantee it.』

「That's true...... I understand. Please take care of it.」

『Yes, Please don't overdo it until the backup arrives. Please avoid the worst case scenario where the backup arrives to find that there are four more vampires. If you want, you can evacuate the village and return to the city of Lindbergh.』

「No, it would be difficult to guide the villagers to evacuate. There are many children and elderly people. It's not like the heroes, who are supposed to protect the powerless, are running away to a safe place by themselves. However, I can see what Cedric-san is concerned about, so I'll try to think of a course of action with that in mind.」

『Yes, if you can do so. I'll contact you again as soon as I'm sure when I can send my support.』

「Please. So long...」

......Pii

After a brief exchange of information, I ended the call.
Then......

「「「Ooooo!」」」

Something about this brought a crackle of applause from my students who were listening beside me.
Eh, what happen.

「You're so cool, niichan!」

「It's just like a conversation between two adults, sensei!」

「......You're a lolicon oniisan, but you do what you do well.」

Eh...... That what you impressed of......?
Hmm, I'm not quite sure where the heartstrings of these guys are......
(T/N: Might be wrong, Raw: うーん、こいつらの心の琴線がどこにあるのか、いまいちよく分からんな……。)

「Well, it's important to keep in touch with each other. If you don't do this properly, things can get unnecessarily complicated. And this time, thanks to this, we've been able to get some support from them.」

「Support......?」

I nodded as Iris asked me in return.

「Yes. I don't know if it'll be tomorrow or the day after or later. It means that we can get a competent demon hunter on an emergency basis. But......」

It's good that they decided to send us support, but the problem remains.

First of all, when will that supporting Demon Hunter be dispatched?

We were told not to push ourselves too hard until backup arrived, but we couldn't afford to take too long, and the longer we waited, the more damage the vampires could do.

Well, it's been more than a week since the first incident, so it's not as if we need to wait a day or two longer......

Personally, I'm more concerned about Cecilia than anything else.

It is thought that the limit of time that a vampirized victim can be treated by the 【Ultimate Heal】 is about a week or two after the victim has been afflicted.

It was not clear when Cecilia had become a vampire, but considering that it was probably soon after she had arrived in the village, it had already been nearly a week.

We no longer know how much time we have left.
To be honest, I'm feeling impatient.

But if it's just me, if I'm going to make a move, it's going to involve my students, and as a teacher, I can't be so rash......

Another problem is the level of those who come to support us.

He said that they will be a competent Demon Hunter, but I still don't know exactly how much that is.
In the first place, there are not many Demon King hunters in this country who are as good as or better than Cecilia and me.

Cedric knows that the enemy is likely to be a vampire lord, so I'm sure he'll be able to procure enough forces to meet the challenge, but given the premise of quick arrangements, it's probably best not to expect too much.

On the other hand, it is expected that Vampire Cecilia will visit the inn this evening.

Night is the vampire's time.
I don't want to clash with Cecilia in the middle of the night, so we will have to stay cooped up in this inn at that time.

On the contrary, if the sun is up during the day, we have an overwhelming advantage, so if we want to attack, we should do so during the daytime.

We should do what we can now, instead of relying on them for support.
Of course, I had to contact the hero guild.

「Okay, Rio. Tell me the location of the house where Cecilia was later. Listen, Iris, Maifa. After we get some rest and Iris recovers some of her magic power, we're going to punch Cecilia in the face. From here on, it's our turn to fight back.」

When I told my students, they looked at each other.
Then they nodded at each other with happy faces and replied cheerfully.

「「「Yes!」」」


【Translator Corner!】


-I hope Cecilia will be fine at the end.

-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down below.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi.

《PREVIOUS》 《SERIES》 《NEXT》

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 21