Skip to main content

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 14

*DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATIONS THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
*HERE THIS WEEK CHAPTER! ENJOY!
*THIS SERIES LOOKS FUN SO I DECIDED TO TRANSLATE IT. THE AUTHOR USE A LOT OF HARD JAPANESE AND KANJI, SO PREPARE FOR A BRAIN SEIZURE.


Otherworldly Memorial 【Chapter 14】


「Well, the New Year's holidays should be spent with family, right?」

I talked to my beloved sister as I ate the tasteless soba noodles I had made.
There is no such thing as buckwheat flour in this world.
I tried to find a substitute, but.
The buckwheat noodles turned out to be ten times more shabby than those of the famous stand-up noodle shops.

「Niichan you're just trying to justify your own lack of a date.」

Mai sips it like a rakugo storyteller.
It must have been her first time to eat soba, but she ate it with the dignity of an Edo-period child.
She is a sister with many mysteries.

「I had something important to do, but I had to cancel it.」
「You just thought it would be a great idea to start having New Year's Eve events at cross-dressing maid cafes.」

......My thoughts are basically, no, does my sister sees through me?
Perhaps because I had such a look on my face, she gave me some advice.

「You should go to the shrine after the new year. You never know who might be there.」

Oh?
Is it the ones where you go to a place and encounters an event.
There used to be a lot of games like that.
Some of them had a system where you knew who was there before you went.
Of course, I don't know because there is no map.

As soon as the new year begins, I put on my coat and left the house.
Ah, it's cold.
When I arrived at the shrine, I was immediately had an encounter.

「Ossu, you're doing fire-walking too Lotto?」
(T/N: Raw: 火渡り, Hiwatari an event were people go walking on top of fire.)

She was a beautiful barefooted girl dressed in a white costume.
It was Maki-chan, my summer vacation supplementary lesson comrade.
Rumor has it that she's the strongest, but she looks like the strongest boobs to me.
(T/N: The heck is this kanji took me too much time but I'm still not sure if its right. Raw: 万夫不当の強者)

「N... No, I'm just going to pay my first visit to the shrine......」
「All right, we'll do it together.」

I'm being taken away without a fight.
My athletic ability is below average, and I'm powerless in front of the best martial artists.

I thought fire-walking was just crossing a road with fire on both sides......
In front of me, a pillar of fire was moving in circles, like something out of Super Mario.

「Yoo, Hoo.」

Maki-chan crossed the path by jumping over and through in a skillful manner.
Ehh...... What is this mysterious mini-game?
No, there were lots of gal games where the mini-games would suddenly start.
As a gamer, this is a favorable event for me.
I can't move this body any better than a controller, though.

「Lotto! Go on!」
「Yes!」

If I think of it as a game, I think I can do it!
Yoo, Hoo!

「Ouch, it's hot!」

I'm not Mario, so as long as I don't come in direct contact with the fire, I'm fine!
The heat are killing me as I getting close.
But Maki-chan seemed to have finished crossing with time to spare.

「Come on.」

Damn it!
This is a game, this is a game.......
This is not a spelunker, so I won't die easily, I won't die easily......
Self-meditate and get through it with determination.

Uoooo!

It was an easy mini-game, as long as you didn't mind the heat.
If I had to slide like Mega Man, I'd be on fire.

「You're doing great, Lotto.」

I smiled with a toothy grin.
Okay, that should be a good sign.
As I was gut posing, a noisy person approached me.

「Oh! I didn't know there were other people who could successfully fire-walking besides Tora-chan~」

She approaches me, snapping away and taking pictures with her camera.
Needless to say, she is Jaana-san from the newspaper club.

「Can I put this in the school newspaper~」
「If it increase your intimacy its fine.」
「What?」

I was so excited by the fire-walking that I answered honestly.
You shouldn't say a game term to a target.

「In other words, Its fine if you like me more now.」
「......Am I being hit on right now, by any chance?」

Jaana-san looked at me with a puzzled expression.
Oh, no!
Yeah, that'll happen. That'll happen.
How could you say such an embarrassing line?
My face turns red with embarrassment.

「Thi... This is just a reflection of the fire on my face, I'm not blushing.」
「Huh. I didn't say anything about it.」

She retorted with a perfectly normal tone of voice.
I'm embarrassed that I'm the only one embarrassed here!
The people who think you're hitting on them think nothing of it!
This feeling of being rejected is painful.

「Hmmm~ I don't really understand, but I think I like you a little~ bit more now.」

Eh, seriously?

「Therefore, I'll put it in the newspaper.」

She walked away, waving her hands in the air.
That's not fair!
You just want it in the paper.
No, wait.
I can tell the level of intimacy by checking with Mai.
It also means that I can tell if what I just said is appropriate or not.
I breathe and calm down.

「Flirting in the shrine, you are a brave man who does not fear the punishment of the heavens, aren't you?」

Uwaaa!
Before I know it, Sara-san is behind me?

「If you're going to call me brave, I'd like you to talk about me doing fire-walker.」
「I love you~ more~ than I do now~」
「Hey, stop, stop that.」

No playing it back to the person who said the embarrassing line!

「Do you want me to stop?」
「I beg of you, Please stop it.」

When I pleaded to her, she crossed her arms, huffed and sniffed and turned her chest away from me and said.

「Its fine if you like me more now.」

Sara-san proudly said my embarrassing line from earlier, but when I looked closer, I saw that she was wearing a furisode.

「......Sara-san, you look amazing in your furisode.」
「......Eh?」

I carefully observe Sara-san who is baffled from top to bottom.

「I always thought you looked good in kimonos...... but you really look good in them.」
「Fueee!?」
「You have been always cute, but you're even cuter now.」
「Cu... Cute?!」
「Just like I said earlier, I've always like it.」
「...........................」

Sara-san's face turned bright red and she ran away.

「Yo... You better remember this! Baka! Baka!」
(T/N: I feel better leaving this as "baka", "idiot! idiot!" kinda weird for me.)

It was an awful throwaway line, perhaps too embarrassed.
That cool Sara-san looks like a child when she's embarrassed.
What a lovely person she is.
All right, I think I'll pray that I can embarrass Sara-san more this year.

When I went to the money box, I saw a beautiful girl I knew was in the middle of praying.
I talked to Jitsuwa-san after she finished her visit.

「Happy New Year, what did you wish for?」
「May the world be at peace.」

......Her eyes are serious.
This person really hopes for that.

「Also, I hope you can find a home for this child.」

Jitsuwa-san are holding a kitten in her arms.
Totally, how nice can you be.
My shameful wish is no longer a wish I'm too ashamed to make it.
I prayed and asked for help in finding a home for this kitten.

「What did you ask for, Lotto-san?」

It seems that Jitsuwa-san was waiting for me.
Hmmm, I'm embarrassed to tell her the truth.

「I wish I can get along more with Jitsuwa-san.」

I scratched my cheek with my finger and said something deceptively, but ultimately embarrassing.

「Ahahaa.」

Jitsuwa-san laughs for some reason.
Holding the kitten's hand and making it pose like a beckoning cat towards me and said to me.

「Let's make that wish come true ~」

A very familiar scene, a very familiar line.
But it was not God who said it, but the heroine.
Good grief.
There is only one wish option in the game.
One has already come true.

If that's the case, I'd better make the one I wished for to God come true by myself.


【Translator Corner!】


-And here I thought the previous chapter are great but damn boy this chapter shot me through the heart with all the cuteness!

-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down below.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi.

《PREVIOUS》 《SERIES》 《NEXT》

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 59