Skip to main content

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 69

*DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATIONS THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
*REALLY SORRY FOR THE DELAY! HERE THIS WEEK CHAPTER! ENJOY!
*RAW: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n7949fu/69/


Chapter 69


Inside the house where the vampire spawn used to live.

The four spawn that Maifa and I had defeated were laid out in the living room.

Each of the four spawn took the form of a middle-aged man, a woman, a boy, and an old man.
Now a monster, but they was originally a victim of a vampire attack.

Standing in front of those spawn is Iris.
As me, Rio, and Maifa watched, Iris gulped down her spit in front of the fallen monster.

I explained to Iris and my other students.

「The vampire spawn is classified as an undead monster, but it is said that it is technically "not dead" when it first becomes a spawn. In the first week or two after spawning, the positive and negative life forces are mixed together, and the nature of their existence has not yet been determined. ......Do you understand what I'm saying?」

The three of them nod their heads at my words.
...... Well, I suppose so.

「Ah..., in other words with "as long as you are not dead, insane healing magic" it's possible to dealt with it」

「That's why its my turn...... because I can use 【Ultimate Heal】......」

As Iris confirms this, I smile and gently pat the second of the three sisters on the head.

「Aa. It's a pathetic thing for a teacher, but I can't use 【Ultimate Heal】, you know. I have to rely on Iris.」

「Thats not true......! You are not the least bit pathetic! ......You know, it may be a bit rude of me to say this, but you're probably trying to do everything on your own too much. I don't know if I should be saying this, but master is probably trying to do everything by yourself too much. ......That's not going to make us partners with our master forever. .......I wish master would rely on us more!」

I got lectured.
Uumu......

「But, you know, that's not a master-student relationship anymore.」

「Master, is it wrong if we...... don't have a teacher-student relationship?」

Iris appealed to me with an upward glance and a hand clasped tightly around the chest of her dress.

Zukyuuuuuuunn!
My heart was instantly shot through.

......No, I think what Iris is trying to say is that we should consider ourselves as friends who fight together because we are not weak anymore.

But when you say it with a pleading look on your face, it sounds like you want to climb the stairs to adulthood as a man and a woman.

No, no, no, now I'm delusional.
This is going to be a test of my adult power.

「A, ah... Iris-san. Be a little careful about directing that kind of dialogue at men, wouldn't you? They'll get the wrong idea, you know?」

When I said that, Iris gave me a puzzled look.

Then she made a little gesture of thinking, looked down, let her gaze wander from place to place, and then said the following.

「......I wouldn't say something like this unless I am with master.」

Gusaaa!
The heartfelt blow that Iris delivered was a critical hit to my chest.

Stop it!
My adult power is already zero!

Or rather, before that, it's a very surreal conversation to have in front of a line of fallen vampire spawn.
Let's get back to the point.

「Okay, Iris. We'll talk about it another time, okay? Right now we're healing, let's do that.」

「Buu...... I understand.」

Iris pouted, but she grudgingly agreed.

By the way, beside me are Rio and Maifa,

「Hey Maifa, what do you think of niichan about this?」

「......Almost ready to break the stronghold? ......Let's keep attacking. ......If any one of us can break through, maybe the rest will be an avalanche.」

「All right. I'm going to have to go for it. There is no need to be shy.」

And so on... I don't know, but they were discussing it in a somewhat frightening way.

Anyway, back to Iris's magic.

Iris gets down on both knees in front of one of the lying vampire spawn, folds her hands in front of her chest as if in prayer, and closes her eyelids.

After a while, Iris's whole body radiates a faint but powerful glow of magic.

Iris placed her hands on the chest of the spawn in front of her.
Then, in a beautiful and courageous voice, she recited the spell.

「【Ultimate Heal】!」

A strong light appeared in Iris's hands, and it spread throughout Spawn's body.
The light enveloped Spawn's entire body......

When the light stopped, the pale skin of the spawn turned a healthy color, and the sharp fangs and claws returned to their human-like appearance.

I walked over and opened the spawn victim's eyes to test them, but instead of the bright red eyeballs of a monster, I saw human eyes.

Of course, the damage done in the spawn state has been healed.

By the way, the victim has not regained consciousness yet, but his chest is rising and falling healthily.
After a while, he'll wake up.

「Haaa...... Haaa...... Did, did I do it......?」

「......Amazing. ......It was a monster, but now it really returned to human again. ......like a miracle.」

Iris breathing heavily after using  a great amount of magical power, Maifa is surprised to see the magic her sister used.

Rio, on the other hand, was just as surprised as Meifa, but she was gesturing in thought.

「......Hey, niichan. You know, this thing works on vampire minions... spawn, right? Does it work not only on the spawn, but also on the vampire itself?」

Rio ask.
The question felt a little unnatural to me, but I ignored it for the moment and answered.

「Yeah, the conditions are the same for the parent vampire. Depending on how long he has been a vampire, there is a good chance that he can be revived as a human if his existence has not yet been confirmed as undead. However, it shouldn't be used in combat against vampires, because it is very risky without the vampire being incapacitated first.」

「Is that so......」

Rio said, and made another gesture of thinking about something.
The situation bothered me, but for the time being, I would solve things one at a time.

I walked over to Iris and hugged her tightly.

「Iris, well done, you're amazing. You just saved a life that was going to be lost. That's really amazing and great. Iris, I know it's hard for you to consume so much magic power, but can you do it for the other three?」

「Ehehe...... master praised me very much ......, I'm so happy ....... Yes, master. I'll do my best. I'm not affected at all by this♪」

Then Iris gave a fragile smile.

Then Iris applied the 【Ultimate Heal】 on the second and third person.

This allowed three of the four spawn victims to return to healthy human form.

But the exhaustion on Iris was visibly greater at that stage.

「Haaa...... Haaa...... O... One more......」

As she was about to head for the last one, Iris swayed and almost fell.

I rushed over and grabbed Iris' delicate body in my arms.

「Iris, are you okay!? ......For the last one, should we do it tomorrow? If its a day or so I think its gonna be okay......」

As I said this, I also understood that my words had no basis in fact.

It is assumed that the vampire spawn can be saved by 【Ultimate Heal】 in cases where the victim is within a week or two of becoming a spawn.

However, we don't know exactly how long it has been since the victim in front of us became a spawn, and the very rough limit of "a week or two" is hard to be sure of.
This is just the level of research that has shown this to be the case.

That's why I should be heartless and asked Iris to work hard for one more person.

No, I think we should retract our previous statement now and let Iris do that.
I thought about it, but...

At that moment, Iris, who was propped up in my arms, started to say something like this.

「Um, master...... If I do my best for the last person...... can I get a reward......?」

Hearing this, I hesitated for a moment, but then nodded.

「Fine. Anything I can do to help you, I'll do.」

I'm in a situation where I have to force my students to work harder.
If you're willing to work hard for a reward, then any request is a small price to pay.

It may be an absurd request, but I'll do anything you want.
I was prepared to do that, but...

「If that's the case, well, I...... want to sleep in the same bed with you at night.」

「Ha......?」

The words that came out of Iris' mouth made my eyes light up.

Iris whispers to me, looking feverish.

「Ahaha...... I'm a bad kid, am I...... I'm troubling master. But...... I want a reward if I do my best......?」

「O... Okay...... I understand. I promise.」

I was perplexed, but I had to answer.

I had a weird feeling about a lot of things, but right now, the most important thing is human life.

I'll figure out the rest later.
Right now, I should do my best to make sure Iris does her best.

And when Iris heard my reply, she said, 「Yes!」 and stood up with renewed enthusiasm.

Then she went towards the front of the last one with all her might and used 【Ultimate Heal】, after which Iris collapsed.

However, all four of the victims who had become vampire spawn are now cured.
It's all thanks to Iris.

I picked up my student, who had used up all her strength, and whispered a small 「Good job」 to her.

The little saint, who had saved four lives, buried her face in my chest, breathing softly in her sleep.


【Translator Corner!】


-Hello there, sorry once again for the delay. I was kinda off the grid for a while and a little bit of procrastinating.

-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down below.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi.

《PREVIOUS》 《SERIES》 《NEXT》



Comments

  1. thanks for chap
    when she got up so quickly for casting again after the promise i expected she was faking the exhaustion ,but ig i'm wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem mate!
      Considering the girls playful attitude I also thought that at first

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 59