Skip to main content

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 11

*DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATIONS THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
*SORRY FOR THE DELAY! HERE THIS WEEK CHAPTER! ENJOY!
*THIS SERIES LOOKS FUN SO I DECIDED TO TRANSLATE IT. THE AUTHOR USE A LOT OF HARD JAPANESE AND KANJI, SO PREPARE FOR A BRAIN SEIZURE.


Otherworldly Memorial 【Chapter 11】


「I'm... dying」

Every day is a hellish training session just to play an active role in a mere sports festival.
However, there is something pleasurable about the training of having your abdominal muscles stepped on by Mai.
If I couldn't feel the joy in that, I wouldn't be able to do it.

「Fuu, fuu, fuu」

Hindu squat while carrying Mai on my back.
(T/N: No I'm not joking here there's an exercise called Hindu squat)
This is, you know, great because I can touch the thighs even through my sweatshirt.
However, Mai has small breasts, so her breasts do not hit my back at all.

「Ah, ouch.」

Suddenly Mai hit me on the head.
Eh?
Why?
(T/N: She's an esper!?)

「Why did you hit me?」
「You're thinking something rude.」
「Just because of thinking?!」

I can't even see her face because she's on my back.
How you supposed to know what I'm thinking?

「Oh that's right, I think I got my part-time job paycheck.」
「Hmmm, Let's go shopping.」

We walked hand in hand to the store.
It was a lie, I tried to hold hands with her, but she pulled away.
It's so sad.
When I entered the store, Mai quickly picked up the items for me.

「I pick up three of these counter measure for the sport festival.」

1. Super Rocket Fireworks 20,000 yen
2. Kick Strengthening Shoes 50,000 yen
3. Plastic Explosive 40,000 yen

I knew there will nothing normal about it.

「Can you explain it to me.」
「With the first one you can fly like a rocket when you carry it on your back.」
「Will such a clear match-fixing pass?!」
「It's fine. However, since you can't stop, you might crash into a wall and get a full recovery of about two weeks.」
「Is that so.」

That's a no.
I sigh.
Does Mai have no common sense?
Why would you recommend an item that is likely to take two weeks to heal?
But it is also a mystery to me what kind of use they are selling this item for.
It's also strange that the school does not say anything using this thing.
As long as Mai says there is no problem, there really is no problem.
Just as what I thought, this world is a little bit strange after all.
Whatever it is, this is a no.

「I seem to have heard the name of the second one.」
「It stimulates the acupoints and produces a powerful kick. It's at a level that can kill people if you kick a soccer ball.」
「It's a hell of an item, but I think it was something that was aired in primetime.」

Won't they know about this?
Well, they won't know it.
They don't even know it on that Anime.
Is this even fair.
(T/N: I think this is a reference to Conan's shoes from Detective Conan series)

「What about the third one? It's not a real bomb right.」

If that's the case, I don't understand what use it would be at the sport festival.
Mai, however, gave me a puzzled look.

「It's a real bomb. We're going to make a bomb threat and cancel the sport festival.」

What are you talking about......
I held up my head.
Why should I become a terrorist just because I don't want to participate in the sports festival?

「If that's the case, why don't I simply skip it?」
「The worst thing will happen to you if you skip out.」
「Can we pretend I'm sick?」
「That's even worse.」

Are you serious......
So you're saying that this item is exist for me?
No, wait, wait, wait. I don't have to think about this stuff.
That's dangerous...
I was about to get poisoned.

「I'll buy the second one.」

I got myself a pair of Kick Strengthening Shoes.

However, this does not increase the parameters.
The intense hellish training continues.

On the second Sunday night of October, there was a knock at the door.

「It's the last status check before the sport festival.」

【Status】
--------------------
Liberal Arts: 101 (+5)     

Science: 84 (+5) 

Athletic ability: 90 (+30) 

Appearance: 118 (+8)   

Art: 18 (+2)   

Cooking: 94 (+8)
--------------------

Hard work does pay off~
I don't know about the world before I was reborn, but I'm pretty sure this world does.

【Intimacy】
--------------------
Jitsuwa Eiko 「I like maids surprisingly well.」
Mouhito Sara 「They're like stuffed penguins.」
Jaana Rizumu 「Can we expect a blunder at the sport festival!」
Torano Maki 「Seriously an idiot」
--------------------

Jaana-san, you'll see.
I didn't really hate Jaana-san challenging nature.
I'm a gamer, and this seems like a mission to me.

I guess Maki-chan found out that I broke into the dojo.
I feel like an idiot, too.

Then the sports festival begins.

I'm a gamer too, you know.
There's a strategy.

The first event was the ball toss.
(T/N: Raw: 玉入れ. Example at the Translator Corner!)
This is a game where all you need is the muscle to throw the ball and the rest is game.
I was able to put it in.
I think it's safe to say that I've done quite well.

The second event was the obstacle racing.
Muscle doesn't not matter when you are trying to search for candy in the powder.
I'd put a bat to my forehead and spin around, then cross the balancing beam.
Overcome the birdlime area.
All of them are easy if you think of them as mini-games.
The event had a strong variety show feel to it, but it worked out well.
I can't say I'm the best, but I succeed taking high rank.

Fufufu, if it's a gal game I know, they'll say "You're doing great" and I'll say "I done it".
That's the pattern.

See, Jaana-san came by while I were thinking.

「It's not what I expect. It's boring.」

......Isn't that's cruel?
This paparazzi.
You wanted to write a story about my epic fail.
She looked at me disappointedly and left.
Downhearted.
(T/N: May translated this wrong, Raw: やるせねえ)

Next came Maki-chan. I have high expectations for this one.

「You're really good at being miserable.」
(T/N: I can't really grasp the meaning of みみっちい here.)

......miserable .......
There's no denying that......

「That is so you.」

She smirked, slapped me on the back with a bang, and left.
That was depressing.
(T/N: Raw: しょぼーん)

Sara-san comes up to me when I'm depressed.

「You are very active. You really are a bright person.」

She said, smiling with cool eyes, and left.
It's sarcasm, sarcasm.

Even with this, I'm still managed to overcome the hellish training.
Still, the parameters are not enough.
Damn it.
Are the parameters that great!
I thought the game was about overcoming low parameters with ingenuity!
The people who created this world don't know what they're doing.

Then came another visitor.
She wrapped her headband stylishly around her and let her hair fluttering, She wear her gym clothes without putting them in her bloomers.

「Hey, Lotto-san, you're good at finding people, dressing up as women, and all sorts of other things.」

Oh, there's someone who understands.
As expected of Jitsuwa-san.
It's a smile that really compliments me.
This feeling of compliments for your efforts even though it looks bad at first.
(T/N: May translated this wrong, Raw: 一見不良かと思う見た目なのに、努力を褒めてくれるこの感じ。)
I don't know, she looks like a heroine from Weekly Shonen Magazine.

「It's nothing.」

I say, scratching the back of my head.
I was too embarrassed to reply well at all.

「Well, good luck with the second half~」

Jitsuwa-san waved and left.
What a nice person...

Fufufu, this is definitely a big success.
I have a secret weapon for the second half.

The first event of the second half was the beach flag.

This is all about dashing power.
I can win if I increase the initial speed with Kick Strengthening Shoes!

The result was an overwhelming victory.
I showed a dash of power that was clearly unnatural, but it didn't make me suspicious.

And the last event, the relay.
For some reason, I was chosen to be a relay runner even though my grades in physical education were poor.

Naturally, it's a big success.
It's so fast it's funny.
I fell down once because I was going too fast, but I reeled it back in with time to spare.

「That's amazing.」

Isn't that so, Jaana-san.

「You're great.」

I'm great right, Maki-chan.

「I've changed my mind.」

You've had a second look, Sara-san.

It was worth the effort of working hard at the maid cafe and buying the items.

Then Jitsuwa-san arrives.
It must be a compliment.

「I'm a little disappointed.」

Huh?
She narrowed her eyes a little sadly and left.

Why?
My heart ached.
I think I put all my effort into today's sport festival.
It's the result of doing everything I can.
That's what I tell myself.
Is that an excuse?
Why do I have to make excuses?

I already knew something about it.
I was trying to make excuses for myself.
That's what Jitsuwa-san understood.
That's how it is.

I threw my Kick Strengthening Shoes in the trash.


【Translator Corner!】


-Ball tossing:

-Sorry for the delay, I'm fine now the sickness have gone away but work still hectic as usual.

-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down below.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi.

《PREVIOUS》 《SERIES》 《NEXT》



Comments

  1. Few chapter in and i just realized jaana name is just a pun for Journalism

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 21