Skip to main content

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 4

 *DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATIONS THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
*SORRY FOR THE DELAY, HERE THIS WEEK CHAPTER! ENJOY!
*THIS SERIES LOOKS FUN SO I DECIDED TO TRANSLATE IT. THE AUTHOR USE A LOT OF HARD JAPANESE AND KANJI, SO PREPARE FOR A BRAIN SEIZURE.
*RAW: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n5718en/4/


Otherworldly Memorial 【Chapter 4】


I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed...

Part-time work in clinical trials is really bad.
I couldn't help but feel that my strength was being drained away day by day.
What are they making me drink.......
Do you know how hard I had to work to improve my athletic performance?
Damn it.
(T/N: Well well well if it isn't the consequences of my own actions)

After four days of clinical trial part-time job, I went home.
50,000 yen for part-time work.
(T/N: Around 450 USD)
I still haven't figured out how much 50,000 yen is in this world.
Whether this part-time job was good or not would depend on what I could buy with it.

「Welcome back, onii-chan. Do you want to check it out right away?」

I'd like to check it out as soon as possible.
I'll ask her easily.
Wouldn't that be one less event for my Moe Moe sister visit?
That's regrettable.

「No, I will not check it now. Do you want to go shopping together?」

Gu...... That's not good.
Buying an item without knowing its status is an unlikely option.
I cried and decided to check my status.

【Status】
--------------------
Liberal Arts: 10 (+4)     

Science: 13 (+3) 

Athletic ability: 7 (-4) 

Appearance: 25 (+7)   

Art: 7   

Cooking: 22 (+10)
--------------------

I knew it!
I've been doing so much strength training, and now the clinical trial is reducing my athletic ability!
Hmmm?
But my appearance is improving.
Because of the medication?

I checked the mirror.
The swelling in my face is reduced and I look more refreshed.
Oh, I guess the clinical trial had its merits.

「Let's check the intimacy too」

Umm, I'm a little scared, I've only seen harsh reviews.

【Intimacy】
--------------------
Jitsuwa Eiko 「I like it as much as a 30% off coupon for karaoke.」
Mouhito Sara 「They're like toothpicks in a bag of disposable chopsticks.」
--------------------
(T/N: I change "Mihane Eiko" to "Jitsuwa Eiko" because the author finally put the furigana, じつわ)

Hmmm, hard to tell!
But Jitsuwa-san's intimacy has gone up.
I'm glad I talked to her.
It's just a coupon you can get on the web.......

I don't know if Mouhito-san is up or down from last time.
It could mean that she feel lonely without me.
It may be that it's so annoying that it hurts when you open it carelessly.

「It's like this, so do you want to go shopping?」
「Let's go!」

After all, this is a date!
We're going to have tea, right?
I was looking forward to it so much!

「We're here, onii-chan.」
「Eh......」

I left my house and got there in five minutes.
It's disappointing.

「What kind of items do you want, onii-chan?」

Let see, my appearance have improved due to clinical trial, so I don't think I need facial products.
We'll have to do something about the reduced athletic ability.

「I wonder if there's any equipment that increases athletic ability or rate of increase.」
「Yes, yes. I'll pick those up for you.」

1. Big league ball training cast: 50,000 yen
2. Full body supercore by just falling down: 50,000 yen
3. Doping: 30,000 yen

Once again, there is nothing good.

「Mai, can you explain?」
「Well, 1 increases the rate of increase in athletic ability when worn. It's a lot harder than just walking, though.」
「Reject, reject! It's hard enough as it is!」

This isn't a joke.
If it were a game, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and equip it.
The reality is not that easy.

「2 is an item that will increase your athletic ability a little bit every day, it's a five minute workout and it's simple enough for anyone to do.」

This is good.
These things tend to be bought and then never used, but not in the current situation.
You can see it in numbers as a status and as a result, it is almost clear that you are popular with girls.
In this world, it will never stop being used.

「3, gives you an athletic boost of about 30 the moment you use it. It's illegal, though.」
「It's illegal! Don't recommend illegal drugs to your brother!」
「It's not every day an event happens where you get arrested.」
「That's not the point!」

Jeez, What are you thinking, sister.
Well, it's sold normally in the first place.
It doesn't look like a shady place to me.

I bought a Full body supercore by just falling down.
I had choices, but this was practically the only choice I had.
It's a really shitty game.

It was only five minutes to my house, so naturally I didn't have time for tea, and I left quickly.
Damn, I've got a date just to buy some muscle training equipment.

*****

After the holidays, I was in the limelight of club activities.

The omelet rice was well received by my sister, so I made it for the club.
This world has a completely different food culture from Japan, but if you recreate it with similar ingredients, it seems to be treated as a creative dish, which was highly appreciated by the cooking club.

「Oh, it's so red that I can't think of it as a dish. I wondered if you had a nosebleed while cooking.」

For some reason, Mouhito-san's evaluation was not high.
Why?

The next day was a hamburger-like dish.
The next day, I made something similar to meat and potatoes stew, but Mohito-san's reaction was not so positive.
(T/N: I don't know if you guys know this dish, its called, 肉じゃが "Nikujaga" in Japan)

When I made a few recreated dishes like that, I became a bit of a topic of conversation as a man who had almost no experience in cooking and within two months of joining the cooking club, created a new dish every day.
Then, the cooking club received a sudden visitor.

「Chiwassu! I'm from the newspaper club! Are you the cook I've heard so much about?」
(T/N: Raw: ちわーっす!, a very informal way of saying hello I guess)

Here comes another superbly beautiful girl!
She seems to be a high-spirited, vivacious type.
She is a little short, about 152cm tall, and her breasts have not grown yet.
She has eyes full of curiosity.
Her hair was brown and semi-long, and she had a hair clip with a music note on the left side of her hairline.

「I'm a first-year student, Jaana Rizumu. Will you let me interview you? Um, Lotto-kun.」
(T/N: I may mistranslated her name, Raw: The kanji are 次孔律動? Tsugikou Ritsudo? The furigana are じあな りずむ, Jaana Rizumu)

She opened her mouth and smiled.
Her double teeth are impressive.
This is bad, she is too cute.
I nodded my head, knowing that I had no choice but to respond to the interview.

「Thanks. Let's see, the photo...... no need.」

Guu...... I decided to raise my appearance next week.

「I know your class and name, so I'll cut right to the chase, where do you get these new cooking ideas?」

I can't say it's a memory from a previous life......
They'll think I'm a Chūnibyō.
(T/N: For those who may don't know "Chūnibyō" refer to a person who manifests delusional behavior)
How could I fake it?

「Hmmm, that's a bit of a secret.」
「Eeeeh, that's the most important part, tell me about it!」

Jaana-san protested, holding up her index finger.
Mmm, what should I do

「I can't tell you about it yet. Eat my food for the day and come back.」

I decided to bide my time for now.
I'll come up with a compelling reason later.......

「Mmm~ then I'll come back next week.」

Okay, I've succeeded in increasing the number of encounters!
I provided the food I cooked today to Jaana-san while doing a guts pose in my heart.
(T/N: Example at Translator Corner!)

「Wow, is this what you call oyakodon? It tastes strange, but it taste sweet and delicious.」

In this world, we don't have powdered soup stock, so it is difficult to make soup stock.
There still a lot of work to do, though.
She ate it quite well.
I wish I could get Mouhito-san to say it's delicious.
I think I'm starting to understand how to have fun in this world, in the cooking club.


【Translator Corner!】


-ガッツポーズ: Guts pose? triumphant pose? Fist pump?


-Really sorry for the delay because I have stuff to do irl and also next week chapter may got delay too.

-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down bellow.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi. 

《PREVIOUS》 《SERIES》 《NEXT》



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 21