Skip to main content

Otherworldly Memorial ~ I thought it was an RPG, but it turned out to be a gal game world, but I'm going to play many rounds and try to capture all the characters! ~ Chapter 21

*DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATIONS THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
*I'M REALLY SORRY FOR THE LOOOOONG DELAY! m(。≧Д≦。)m
*THIS SERIES LOOKS FUN SO I DECIDED TO TRANSLATE IT. THE AUTHOR USE A LOT OF HARD JAPANESE AND KANJI, SO PREPARE FOR A BRAIN SEIZURE.


Otherworldly Memorial 【Chapter 21】


After finishing dinner in the dining room, I asked my sister for advice over tea with some mysterious pickled vegetables.

「Mai, I think I want to change my part-time job.」
「Eh? What happened to your love for cross-dressing?」

Mai holds a teacup with both hands and looks at me with a puzzled look.

「Hold on, that's a misunderstanding.」

I press my temples and protest to my sister.

「I was only doing it to raise money and improve my looks.」
「You're lying, it was a pleasure for you to be seen by men, wasn't it?」
(T/N: My man have dug too deep)

How in the world do you know that!?
It's a secret I keep deeply inside my heart.
I clears my throat with a deliberate cough to deceive her.

「There was a Valentine's Day event the other day.」
「At the "Maid Guy on the Street"?」
(T/N: The name of the place he work)
「Yes yes. Of course as a maid I hand over some chocolate.」
「Funfun, you're already a popular maid.」
「I was drawn to see the customers who got them crying with tears of joy.」
「What, it's the same as when oniichan got it.」
「There's a difference between getting it from a girl and me handing it out!? Also, how in the world do you know!」
「Jaana-san said it in Rhythm Tengoku, you know?」

Wha, What!
Did she say something like that on radio?
I'm not a comedian, you know.
Are you a demon?

「I just gave him chocolate, and she said he looked like Nero when he saw the Rubens painting.」
(T/N: I don't really get this one. Raw: チョコあげただけなのに、ルーベンスの絵を見たときのネロみたいだったって)

Jaana-san, you phrased it so wrong.
I certainly felt like I was going to heaven with Patrasche at that moment.
(T/N: A reference to Furandāsu no Inu, Dog of Flanders)

「So, just as Jaana-san was attracted to oniichan, oniichan was attracted to his customer.」

......That's right, but it hurts my heart.
I have no idea. I'm not wrong, am I?
Is it wrong if I am happy to receive Valentine's Day chocolate for the first time in my life?
Is it wrong if I see a man weeping over me dressed as a woman?
I was anguishing, but my sister had already moved on to the next story.

「Well then I'll find you a part-time job, but what sort of job do you want?」

I'll change my feeling too.
Yeah, first of all, the basic conditions.

「First of all, there's no danger of death, and it's not illegal.」

If I don't say this, she will offer dangerous job.
Mai shakes her head, as if to say, "I understand that", so I tell her the next condition.

「Let's see, I think I would be nice to raise the art parameters.」

My appearance has been quite high.
Thanks to Moe reference book, my academic performance is improving.
Cooking also improves through club activities.
Only the arts are currently not going up at all.
In the cooking club, I have a reputation as someone who is a good cook but has no sense of style in presentation.
In class, the music and art teachers look at me with pity.

「I see. Well, here's what I think.」

1. Voice actor
2. Mail order program appearances 
(T/N: 通販番組出演)
3. Mangaka's assistant

......Again, all of which I can't accept.
I resist the urge to retort and ask for more details.

「Explanation, please.」

Mai, stick out her chest, closes her eyes and holds up her index finger.

「1. You work as a voice actor for foreign films, animation, radio, etc.」

Umu. I know that much.

「Yeah, so I don't think I can do that kind of part-time job?」
「With oniichan appearance now, you can still be a voice actor.」
「That's not what I meant! Also, don't say those things!」

You never know what anyone will say!?

「I hate to break it to you, but as far as acting goes, I've had kindergarteners tell me I'm cute enough.」

I am still recovering from the emotional trauma about the cold reaction I received from the young children at the puppet show during Halloween.

「But the director, said he'd rather have a voice actor who act and that doesn't sound like a voice actor.」
「Let's stop talking about this already!?」

Not that there is anyone else in this house, right?
In this world, there are so many things that somehow become known, so I have to.

In any case, I don't think I can be a voice actor.
I urge Mai to explain the next one.

「2. Is a stinkin' foreign kitchen utensil wow! Unbelievable! And it's an easy job to say」
(T/N: Can't really translate this well. Raw: は胡散臭い海外のキッチン用具にワオ! 信じられない! とか言うだけの簡単なお仕事)
「The way you say it! What is it, you want to make enemies?」

Why bother putting malice into it?
It's the job you'd recommend to your brother, right?
I can' t understand it.......
I think this is another job for a seasoned talent.

「Next explanation, please.」
「3. Its a part-time job that involves applying screen tones, painting solid colors, and drawing not-so-pretty mob girls.」
「I still have a lot of words to say. But this could be interesting. I like manga.」
「Then it's settled.」

And I got a new part-time job.
And as I expected it was still not straightforward job.

「Why...... Why is this happening?」

On the first day of my part-time job, I...... was naked and showing off my ass to women.

「Can't you put your ass out in a more erotic and inviting way? I don't want to insert it at all.」
「I don't know what it is that makes women want to insert it!?」
「I don't care if it makes you want to insert yourself.」
「I'm not interested in a man's ass!」
「Useless assistants.」

The female mangaka sighs.
Ku...... this is my new job?
Mai, you definitely did that on purpose.
Why, of all things, an assistant for a BL manga!?
A mangaka who complains and draws my ass.
They want me to pose as a character and then draw it.
I ended the day being made to pose to seduce a man and having a fugashi shoved into my mouth.
(T/N: Raw: ふ菓子, Fugashi .A japanese snack, example at Translator Corner!)
What a disgrace.
This is no way to raise the parameters of art!?

That weekend night.

「Konkon.」

? For some reason, Mai just says it with her mouth rather than knocking.

「Come in.」

I opened the door.
For once I have to say it.
Why did you set me up as an assistant to a BL mangaka......?

「Sorry for intruding~」

When Mai came in, she was holding a tray with tea and sweets on it with both hands.
This is the first time this has happened.

「I made some sweets to celebrate oniichan starting a new part-time job.」

――!?
This is bad, I'm so happy.
If, If you do something like that it will make me hard to say it.
But my resolve is strong.

「Thanks for that. But why BL? That's what I'd like you to explain.」

I asked her very politely and carefully not to get emotional.
Then, Mai holds a teacup, and look up? She makes a face as if she were floating in the air.
You can't do such a cute gesture!
Today, today, I'm going to strictly talk to you.

「Bii Eru? What is that?」

――She is innocent~~~!?
What, you don't know!?
It just so happens that the place I went to as a mangaka's assistant happened to be BL!?
Is that so?

If you ask me, there is no way that Mai, Perfect Cute My Sister, would know about such a thing.
(T/N: The MC said this in katakana, Raw: パーフェクトキュートマイシスター, Paafekuto kyuuto mai shishutaa)
I was wrong these days thinking she knew everything and thought she is a God or the devil.
My sister, who is purer than an angel, knows nothing about BL.
What a surprise.
Did I think my sister was impure.

「I'm sorry.」

I rubbed my forehead against the flooring and got down on my knees.

「What's wrong? Was it a tough job? Do you want to quit?」

Mai looked at me anxiously, and I had no choice but to say.

「I'll do my best!」


【Translator Corner!】


-First of all, I wanted to say sorry for a very long delay. There have been some trouble IRL and I just finally able to recovered this account.

-For now I don't think I would be able to consistently post a chapter every week like before but I'll try to at least post a chapter once a month. Of course if I can post more I will do so.

-Since it been quite some time since the last time I translating and my Japanese lesson my translation probably degraded on some degree, sorry about that.

-Recently, I'm hook on a new web novel series I found called Live Dungeon (Link to NU). Since I catch up with the translation, I'll probably read the raw (can't contain my excitement you know). It won't effect my time translating other stuff... I hope.

-He definitely got tricked right.

-ふ菓子, Fugashi. Something like this I guess:


-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down below.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi.

《PREVIOUS》 《SERIES》 《NEXT》

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 43