Skip to main content

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 57

 *DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATION THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
*APPARENTLY IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE THE LAST TRANSLATOR, TheTranslationSergeant TRANSLATE THE NOVEL, SO WHY NOT?
*THANKS FOR THE HARD WORK TheTranslationSergeant

Chapter 57


I took my three students to the starting line of the 100-meter run.

The brother and the little guy from earlier were standing in the waiting area.
 (T/N: 兄貴と小男, Aniki to kootoko)

When we got there, the older brother came and stood in front of Rio instead of me, looking down at her petite figure.

Hey, little girl. How dare you talk down to me like that? But unlike you, I'm a grown-up hero, so I'll spare you the trouble of trying to make you understand by force.

「Haa......」

Rio was looking up at the other person with a look that said, "What the hell is he talking about?".

However, the older brother continued to talk without paying attention to Rio.

「But you can't be forgiven for insulting an adult. So we settle this like a hero and play fair with the results of this status test. If you lose to me, you're going to get down on your knees and apologize to me. Do you understand?」
 (T/N: I don't really know how to put proper word for this line そこでだ──ここはお互い勇者らしく)

「Haa......, Hey brother, what's this old man been saying for a while now?」

Rio goes through the older brother and asks me in a dumbfounded way.
No, I don't think I'm the one you should be asking.

Well, in short, it seems that the older brother realized that he was no match for me in the previous exchange, so he changed the target of his fight to Rio.

Even so, he says "fair and square", but the veteran professional Demon King hunter does not know that the graduate student of the hero academy will compete with the result of the status test of that older brother.
(T/N: I can't really grasp the meaning of それにしても、「正々堂々」とか言っているが、ベテランのプロ魔王ハンターが勇者学院の学院生にステータス検定の結果で勝負とか、あの兄貴さんのプライドの在りかが分からない。)

In general, the results of the status examinations of the hero academy students are usually within the framework of 2-5 levels in terms of certified brave level, depending on the grade and other requirements.

In contrast, the standard line for a veteran demon hunter with a lot of experience is to be at the certified hero level of about 7-8 levels.

So, normally speaking, the "fair and square" that the older brother is talking about is almost equal to the "lack of maturity".

Well, Let's see.......
I thought about it for a moment and then replied to Rio.

「As long as Rio is okay with it, you can accept it. I'll just have to make a few conditions.」

「Eh? Even if I was told that the conditions were appropriate. I wouldn't be happy if this old man did something like Dogeza...Oh」
(T/N: Rio used おっさん here)

Rio seemed to have come up with something.

Then Rio grinned and turned back to the older brother.

「Well old man, if I win, apologize to the people at the reception desk. Say "I'm sorry for causing you trouble. I won't do it again."」 

When Rio said that, the older brother frowned.

「What.....? Hmm......, okay. But that's only if you can beat me in this status test.」

「You don't have to remind me every time, I know. If I lose, I'll get down on my knees or something.」

「Kukuku......, "get down on your knees or whatever", huh? Don't forget that word.」
(T/N: Filthy bastard)

「You're the one who needs to remember what you said.」

As they were talking, the staff of the 100-meter run said, "Number 28, Aaron and number 31, Johnny. Please follow me to the starting point," she announced.

When the little guy heard this, he came to call his brother, saying "Brother, you've been called" and the older brother went with the little guy to the starting point of the 100-meter run.

Iris and Maifa, who had been watching all of this, came over to me, looking a little anxious.

「Umm......Teacher, will Rio be okay?」

「Rio, she said something unnecessary....... "Get down on your knees or something" was a bad idea. He's definitely thinking of something bad.」

That's what they both said, but I wasn't too worried about it.
I say to them.

「Well, Rio will not do anything before thinking it first, and Iris and Maifa, you know how good that old man who calls himself a veteran Demon Lord Hunter is, right?」

When I asked them, they looked at each other and then nodded their heads at me.

「Well, there you have it.」

I then patted Iris and Maifa on the head with my right and left hands, respectively.
The two of them became like cats when being patted.

That older brother doesn't seem to be very good at hiding his abilities.
Anyway, let's see what you can do.

「In position, ready... start!」

When the staff waved down the flag, the older brother and the little guy, who had been following the first and second courses in a crouching start position, respectively, started running.

As expected of professional Demon Lord hunters, both of them are unbelievably fast compared to ordinary people.

Immediately after the start, the staff at the finish line pushed the magic watch.

A staff at the finish line will enter the measurement results in a ledger while informing the person of the results.

「Mr. Aaron, 5:26 seconds, Mr. Johnny, 5.56 seconds. Thank you for your hard work. Next is......」

When the little guy heard this, he blatantly praised his brother.

「Well, as expected of you, you're fast! I'm good at agility, but I still can't beat you. That's my brother.」

「Oh, well......Ah, but 5:26 seconds! Well, it's 0.02 seconds slower than last year! Well, there is a measurement error, so it can't help it!」

The older brother says the result to me as if I can't hear him.
(T/N: Either it says "I can't hear.." or "I can hear..." こっちに聞こえよがしに結果を口にする兄貴さん。)
Then he glanced at Rio.

But Rio, on the other hand, was doing her preparatory exercises as if she was not interested.
Bend over, twist around.

When the older brother saw this, a snickering blue streak appeared on his forehead.
He didn't like that she ignored him.

I think he was expecting Rio's panicked reaction like, "Oh no......, that's too fast!, I can't win, what should I do......?"

By the way, it is said that if a cheetah, which is said to be the fastest animal in the cat family, runs 100 meters, the result will be about 5 to 6 seconds.

This means that even an average veteran demon hunter can move as fast as a cheetah in terms of initial speed, acceleration, and top speed.

「Next, Iris number 23 and Maifa number 24. Please follow me to the starting point.」
「Yes!」

In turn, Iris and Maifa came first.
They responded cheerfully and then took their places at the start of the 100-meter run.

With the way things are going, Rio will probably be next in line with me.

「In position, ready... start!」

As the starting official's flag was waved down, Iris and Maifa began to run.

──バヒュンッ! (T/N: Bahyun~tsu! I dont know what does this sfx do)

Both of them had passed the finish line in a matter of seconds. 

When they returned, the staff told them the result with sweat on her forehead.

「I...Iris 3:70 seconds......, Maifa 3:85 seconds.....」

When Iris heard this, she looked smug, and Maifa turned back to me with a look of disapproval on her face.
(T/N: Smug catto y'all!)

「Fufuun♪ This is the difference between Maifa and me in terms of how hard we work.」

「Bu...... I was a little out of sorts today. Next time, it won't be like this.」

Iris and Maifa are close behind in terms of foot speed.
They have a good rivalry with each other.

By the way, my angel, Iris, is quite unreserved when it comes to her sisters, or rather, she's very unreasonable in what she says.
Well, that's the same for Rio and Maifa, and it's a relationship that only the three of them can feel.

On the other hand, the two people who were watching the scene with gaping mouths were the older brother and the little guy.

「Wha......it can't be......3 seconds?」

「Bro...Brother......what was that......? That looked to me like those kids were much faster than you. Was it just my imagination?」

「O...o...oh that's must be cheating. Yes, there was a wind-type magic that increased agility, they was using that」
(T/N: Aaron use question here when speaking about the wind magic そうだ、敏捷性を上げる風属性の魔法、なんかあったろ?)

「Uwaa, are you serious! Thats dirty! Is that even allowed on status test!? But? when the magic of 《Gale Speed》 that raises agility is applied, wasn't it supposed to wear magical power like a green wind?」
(T/N: The kanji are 疾風加速 which probably means "Gale acceleration" and the furigana are ゲイルスピード means "Gale Speed")

「Mmm...... that's right. You've been studying pretty well」

「Hehee, right」

There was quite an interesting interpretation going on between the two of them.

Even though the laxity of doping checks in status examinations is considered a problem by some, at least doping through magic is obvious by the color of the magical power that the body is covered with.
(T/N: There's doping in fantasy world? ドーピングチェック)

In addition, the speed of running 100 meters in three seconds is equal to the speed of a cheetah, which has already reached its maximum speed, running 100 meters at the same speed.

It is the current running ability of Iris and Maifa that could start from a stop and catch up with it.

「Next, Brett, number 21, and Rio, number 22. Please follow me to the starting point.」

While we were doing this, it was my turn and Rio's turn.
I called out to Rio and headed for the starting point.

「Okay, Rio, let's go.」

「All right, bro. Hehee, I'm going to beat you today.」

Rio says, and gives me a strong smile.

Is that so........
Agility is Rio's strongest suit, and she i probably already at my level.

When I was thinking about it, Rio said this to me.

「Oh, that's right. Would you like to have a match with me?」

「A match? So what happen if I lose?」

「I get the right to hug brother for 3 minutes」

「And what if I win?」

「Brother gets the right to hug me for 3 minutes」

「Rejected. I refuse.」

「Eeee, why not!」

「I don't know why. You know you're tempting me, don't you? You're playing with me, aren't you?」

「Eheheheee♪」

Rio sticks her tongue out at me and gives me a friendly smile.

When I put my hand on Rio's head and patted her hair, her cheeks flushed with happiness as she squeaked puppy.

Damn it! this cuteness are a crime.


【Translator Corner!】



-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down bellow.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi. 

《PREVIOUS》 《SERIES》 《NEXT》  




Comments


  1. ──バヒュンッ! is probably sound effect for wind sound thingy, like when speeding vehicle passes you etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think too, at first I actually wanted to change it to something like "whoosh!" but I decided stick to the raw. Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for picking this up! Try not to overload yourself and burn out though. A few regular series are much more appreciated (and much more rewarding to translate) than several irregular series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem mate, Thanks for your concern. I think I'll stick to 3-4 series that have relatively short chapter, 1 chapter a week maybe.

      Delete
  3. YES! thanks for picking this up too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 59