Skip to main content

Sekai Saikyou no Shinjuu Tsukai Chapter 0

*DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT NATIVE JAPANESE OR ENGLISH SPEAKER, THESE ARE MACHINE TRANSLATIONS THAT I TRY TO MAKE SENSE. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
*THIS SERIES LOOKS FUN SO I DECIDED TO TRANSLATE IT. THANK YOU FOR THE RECOMMENDATION, SFcipher!


【Gathering of Divine Beasts and Divine Beast Master】

Prologue: I've Been Given A Failure Skill


「I am very sorry, but the skills you have been gifted by the Heavenly Gods are 【Decoy】......」

「Eh......?」

I was stunned by the fact that the priest of the temple, whom I had known since I was a child, had told me this.
I, Mug, was born and raised in the remote town where this temple is located.
(T/N: Raw: マグ)
My parents died when I was young, so with the help of the people in town, I've managed to survive until today, when I'm celebrating my 15 birthday.
And from now on, I'm going to use my skills to find more places to work and somehow make it, or so I thought......

「De... 【Decoy】 do you mean that 【Decoy】......?! Where the user always being targeted, by monster, Um!?」

「......Yes, that's right.」

The priest said gravely.

In this world, on the day you turn 15, you are supposed to undergo a coming of age ceremony at the temple to receive one skill from God.

They say that some of these skills can dramatically improve your swordsmanship, some can help you learn medical skills, and some can even make you a better cook...... Some of them are even considered failure skills and bring demerits.
The 【Decoy】 that became my skill is famous as the skill that brings demerits.

From what I've heard, 【Decoy】 always "attracts powerful monster around you" from the day you receive it.
That's why people with 【Decoy】 skills are always targeted by monster and can't live for long......

「Can't you do something about these skills!?」

I appealed to the priest, hoping for a glimmer of hope.
The priest shook his head and said quietly.

「Unfortunately, it is impossible to receive a skills again. We can only think of this as a sign from God. It was your destiny to be given that skill. Even if you suffer misfortune because of that skill, you have to accept that it was your destiny.」

The priest's words left a deep and heavy impression on me, like a death sentence.

***

The fact that I had been given the skill, 【Decoy】 had leaked out of the temple from somewhere, and within half a day it had spread throughout the town.
It's a small outlying town, rumors spread fast.
But when I returned home with heavy steps, I was overwhelmed.

「......What are you doing?」

「What am I doing? I'm packing up your stuff and putting it on a cart.」

「You're going to live in a hunting lodge deep in the mountains. You know where it is because you've stayed there a few times on hunting trips.」

When I got back to my house, I found the people of the town gathered there, gathering my belongings into a cart and strapping them together.
Before I could say, 「What are you doing?」, the head of the town came out of the crowd.
Then, in a hushed voice, he said to me.

「Mag, you've been given the skill 【Decoy】.」

「......Yes.」

「This means that you are constantly attracting monsters, even at this very moment. In other words, there is a possibility that the monsters that are after you will overflow from the fields and mountains and flood into the town one after another.」

「That may be so, but......! ......So, you want me to get out of town?」

「That's right. It is with a heavy heart that we are forced to do this to you, one of the few young men in the village. But I hope you can understand that this is because of your unfortunate skills.」

After that, the chief looked at me in silence.
And from the crowd, I heard one voice after another saying, 「Hurry up and disappear」, 「Plague God」 and 「How are you going to take responsibility if a demon appears?」

I clenched my fists.

I didn't want these skills either.
I've always wanted to live a relaxed life in this town , and I think I've gotten along pretty well with everyone in town.

I've risked my life hunting, burying people I knew in landslides, making deliveries to neighboring towns across the mountains where monster live, gathering herbs for the sick.
So to be honest, I don't agree with this kind of treatment.
But......

「...... I understand. I don't like the idea of my hometown being trampled by a horde of demons.」

This town was my home, and I couldn't stand the thought of it being destroyed because of me.
......My parents, who are now in heaven, also grew up in this city.
I'm sure that my father and mother would want to keep this beautiful scenery.

「......Thank you for all the help all this time.」

「Thank you for everything too. It must be inconvenient to be alone in the mountains, but fortunately we have the blessings of the mountains. Take care.」

The chief said so, but as long as I have the 【Decoy】 skill, I don't think I'll live for a long time.
What a dirty way to go, I thought.

I pulled the cart that had been prepared for me and headed out of the city and into the mountains.
From behind me, I could feel some villagers seeing me off, but they didn't say anything to me.

Then, about halfway up the mountain, where I thought no one would be looking anymore.

「......」

For the first time in a long time, I felt a tear trickle down my cheek.
I know in my head that the chief's decision was unavoidable as the protector of the city.
But my heart wasn't satisfied.

I was kicked out of my hometown for a single skill given to me by God.
On top of that, it comes with a death sentence of being constantly targeted by monsters.

I am at a loss as to what exactly I had done wrong.


【Translator Corner!】


-It may be one of the those cliche novel out there but, I like it! So I translate it! The image above are from the manga, I don't know if there are a translated version out there but you guys could check it out.

-The English for this novel are probably "The World's Strongest Divine Beast Master" but I like it more in romaji.

-This is the first arc.

-Thanks to SFcipher for recommending this.

-I only do this for fun so I can't promise to do daily post but I'll try my best to do weekly post.

-Thanks for reading and if you like the novel or have some suggestion or want me to keep translating it comment down below.

-If you like the translation, please support me by reading it at my site or donate to me by ko-fi.

 《SERIES》 《NEXT》

Comments

  1. Whelp time to bring on monster girl waifu's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens next. Will a good monster appear first or a bad monster appear first? Also when he gets the good monsters I wonder if people from his home town will want him back because of the protection of the divine beasts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is how i see it bad monsters get attracted to decoy first then the legendary beasts wonder what attracting small fries only to get attracted too so they go to see what causing it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 77

My Daughters The S-Rank Adventurers Had Severe Father-Con Chapter 37

Let’s Raise the Abandoned Cat Heroes – an Awesome Demon Hunter Who Switched to Being a Teacher, and Is Very Much Missed by His S-Ranked Pupils Chapter 59